Eye exam is quite common among senior citizens as it is seen that people do face eye sight problem with growing age. Irrespective of age, eye examination is necessary for everyone, whether they have any problem or not. Often you will see that people having vision problem wear glasses or lenses and need regular checkup. When people who consider having good eye sight are asked about regular checkups they refuse because of over confidence.
If you ever had an infection or itching in your eyes, you should know that eyes cannot be neglected as they are one of the important parts of the body. Visiting an optometrist is necessary to get basic eye examination done which will assure you that you don’t need any check up for a year. If you don’t have any idea about the Optometrists available in your location then type ‘Optometrist near me’ in google search. You will find a huge list of optometrists available in your location now.Select the best from them to correct your vision problem.
Asking these few questions will maintain you in loop with your doctor so that after the examination is over, you would know how to maintain your eyes for years to keep it healthy –
- It is necessary to know what all measures are to be taken to maintain healthy eyes. Healthy food and proper diet is the best solution to improve your eye but, you should know what all fruits and vegetable contribute in doing so.
- Whenever your doctor recommends eye exam it is good to know all tests that they follow and how much time it will take, so that if you’re in a hurry to reach office or any other place, then you can book an appointment for another day.
- Never blindly trust your doctor by simply undergoing the tests. It is good to confirm the charges involved for each test so that if you’re short of money you can arrange it quickly.
- If your child has eye problem then you should consult a pediatrician who will help in gaining back healthy eye sight. This can include healthy diet and eye exercises as well.
- If your eye doctor prescribes you any pills or eye drops, then it is good to find short or long-term results of these medicines. You may never know that some eye drops might make your vision blurred for few days which can be risky for a person who drives to office, or you might be allergic to some chemicals which your doctor isn’t aware of.
Your doctor can guide you in the best way so that you don’t get eye problems in future. They can also suggest if eye glass or lenses are good for you.